MKLA launches to deliver Big 6
In March 2013 the MKLA was designated a National Teaching School Alliance by the National College for Teaching and Leadership, and has since been working to build capacity in order to deliver on the "Big Six" - the National Colleges priorities for Teaching Schools.
Teaching school alliances are part of the government’s drive to give schools more freedom and to take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system.
As well as offering training and support for schools within the alliance, teaching schools also support other schools and will identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- lead the development of a school-led ITT system
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
The MKLA is made up of the following organisations each dedicated to providing a 'world class' experince for all students within the alliance schools.
- Allington Primary School
- Bower Grove Special School
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Holmesdale Technology College
- Invicta Grammar School
- The Malling School
- Valley Park School
- West Malling Primary School
For more information about the MKLA please read about us.